Below the fold, I lifted the text out of the follow-up tweets to save load time. Prepare to be really depressed:
(2) Under Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch, the Department of Justice pushed the states to pass new laws.
(3) The goal was to make it impossible to hold repeat offenders in jail before trial. Why?
(4) Because so many repeat offenders are black.
(5) The first step was to reclassify violent felonies as nonviolent misdemeanors. Look at California.
(6) Assault with a deadly weapon, harming a crime victim or witness, resisting arrest that injures a police officer…
(7) Violent elder or child abuse, arson with injury, and manslaughter are now nonviolent felonies.
(8 ) Proposition 47–passed in 2014–reclassified certain “nonviolent felonies” as misdemeanors.
(9) Therefore prisoners convicted of violent elder abuse were released because now their former violent felony was a misdemeanor.
(10) So the Democrats first changed violent felonies to misdemeanors. Then they changed the laws for bail. | More…