Let me begin by saying that not every challenge is easily resolved. When it comes to panhandling in our city this sentiment holds true. A good police department is responsive to the needs of the community it serves, and all of us in uniform are judged by our success and failure in responding to our community’s needs – we understand that. As Chief of Police I must balance the concerns of different groups equally and that sometimes means working to serve the rights of the minority over the majority. My guide as Chief is the core values set forth by constitutionally protected freedoms and liberties. I must apply this to the number one complaint I receive from the Manchester community which is panhandling and begging. More…
- Here’s the Guy Trying to “Buy” Some Space in the NH Constitution
- NH Dems Blame Koch Brothers for Sununu Refusing To Advance Undercover Tax Scheme
- HB628 Was Never About Creating a Family Medical Leave Insurance Program.
- Day 12: Blood Pressure is Getting a Bit Too Low
- NH Senate Passes Gag Order on Therapists, Pastors, and Others. Will Gov. Sununu Sign It?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets