On Monday, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals announced a settlement with photographer David Slater, ending a lawsuit it filed on Naruto’s behalf. Under the deal, Slater agreed to donate 25 percent of future revenue from the photos to groups that protect crested macaques and their habitat in Indonesia. Both sides also asked the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals “to dismiss the case and throw out a lower-court decision that said animals cannot own copyrights,” The Associated Press reports.
- NH Company Sentenced for Trafficking Counterfeit Patriots Playoff T-Shirts
- Weirs Drive-In Theater Back On The Market After Concerns Raised Over Native American Artifacts
- For-Profit Passenger Rail Plan Needs Public Money and Why Freight Rail is the Future
- NHexit anti-war / Syria demonstration
- How Pro-Voter Fraud Groups and Officials Scam Legal Voters
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets