On Monday, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals announced a settlement with photographer David Slater, ending a lawsuit it filed on Naruto’s behalf. Under the deal, Slater agreed to donate 25 percent of future revenue from the photos to groups that protect crested macaques and their habitat in Indonesia. Both sides also asked the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals “to dismiss the case and throw out a lower-court decision that said animals cannot own copyrights,” The Associated Press reports.
- “Just here to do my job,” says First Amendment foe (Security, cops)
- Henniker’s Master Plan… a blueprint for the Official Budget Committee.
- Donna Green: Still Waiting…
- NH State Rep Sherry Frost – what, she thinks she’s now the Sandra Fluke of knees?
- NH Senate votes to expand net metering to larger users
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets